Find amateur robot combat events in your area at robotcombatevents.com!
The MW1 (Make Weapon, version 1) is a base chassis for a 3 pound combat robot. This kit is designed for the more advanced builder, who wants to make a portion of their combat robot, while still taking advantage of professionally CNC machined components for the main chassis components.
The back of the MW1 is essentially half of our very successful D2 chassis, with a front designed for modification to add a powered weapon.
The default kit includes 2.4" long sides, which are designed such that the builder can easily reduce the length of the sides without compromising the tapped holes for the front panel of the bot.
The 2.4" side panels and front panel are partially machined to provide maximum flexibility to the builder. It is expected that substantial portions of the unmachined areas will be removed by the builder to bring the chassis down to a reasonable weight.
Each MW1 chassis kit includes the following components:
- 2x CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum 2.4" side panels (MW1-Side2400)
- 1x CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum back panel (D2-End)
- 1x CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum front panel (MW1-End)
- 1x CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum 2.4" bottom panel (MW1-Bottom2400)
- 1x CNC machined polycarbonate 2.4" top panel (MW1-Top2400)
- 2x CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum axle adapter kits (RP-01-005-kit)
- 1x 3D printed carbon fiber reinforced motor brace (D2-CarbonMotorBrace)
- 1x 3D printed carbon fiber reinforced combination motor brace and switch mount (D2-CarbonSwitchMount)
- 16x M3x6mm flat head machine screws (top and bottom panel attachment)
- 8x 10-24x3/4" socket head screws (main chassis assembly)
- 4x #6x5/8” flat head sheet metal screws (motor braces/switch mount attachment)
- 2x Custom gear motors with S7 tool steel output shafts (RP-GM-22-12V780[A])
- 2x Custom dragster wheels & tires (TMRC 7275A)
- 1x Mini power switch with hex wrench