The Robot Power Scorpion Mini is a small low-cost high-performance dual channel H-bridge speed controller for small robots, and other electrical loads. It is designed for ant and beetle weight combat robots, R2D2 replicas, sumo robots, and other small robots such as firefighting robots, maze solvers and carpet rovers. The Scorpion Mini is also suitable to drive pneumatic valves, solenoids, relays and thermoelectric coolers.
The Scorpion Mini is designed to pack the highest power handling capability, flexibility of control and usability options into the smallest package.
- Size: 2.00" x 1.50" x .5"
- Weight: 24.0 grams
- Standard R/C pulse format
- 6.0V to 28V battery voltage
- 6.5A continuous (8A peak) current on each channel.
- Fully reversible H-bridge design. Equal power handling in both directions on both channels.
- Full current limiting and over temp limiting. This thing is nearly blow proof! Motors and batteries are protected from dead short conditions.
- Two channels may be either mixed (throttle/steering) or separately controlled. Ideal for skid steer vehicles/robots.
- Indicator LED for speed and direction of motor on each channel
- Status LED status information and mode indications
- Receiver battery eliminator circuit (BEC) standard - may be disabled. This can provide up to 100 mA of current at 5V to the RC receiver and other attached electronic circuits.
- Failsafe shuts off motors if R/C signal is lost
- Calibrate function to match unit to radio signal range. Settings retained in EEPROM non-volatile storage.
- Mix Jumper can be cut to enable separate control of each channel
- Lipo Jumper can be cut to enable low-voltage cutoff when using Lipo batteries. This avoids over discharge which can damage batteries of this type
- FLASH-based microcontroller with upgradeable software via in-circuit programming header
- Ceramic oscillator (crystal) for stable operation at all temperatures
- BEC loop may be clipped to disconnect on-board 5V regulator from RC cables
- MIX Jumper ON configures Mix-mode, OFF gives separate control of Channel 1 and 2
- Lipo Jumper ON means disable unit when voltage is <3.0V per cell, OFF means ignore battery voltage
- CAL button controls radio calibration mode.
- STAT LED indicates unit operating status and error conditions
Note: For calibration, "MAX" means to sweep the controls to their full extent in all directions.