D2 Combat Robot Kit
D2 Combat Robot Kit
Find amateur robot combat events in your area at robotcombatevents.com!
This is our D2 (Dozer Two) 3 pound combat robot kit. These kit-bots have done extremely well in beetleweight combat, winning 3 northwest US events in 2015, and starting 2016 with another win, and then going on to sweep the beetleweight division in Robogames 2016!
The D2 kit is very robust, able to deal out damage with its wedge blade, and take massive impacts from bots with spinning weapons, and keep on running. This kit has been refined since it first competed in 2014, learning from combat failures, and addressing those failures in each design iteration, resulting in our current very robust and competitive design.
Each kit-bot includes the following components:
- 2x CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum side panels (D2-Side[B])
- 2x CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum end panels (D2-End[A])
- 1x CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum bottom panel (D2-Bottom[A])
- 1x CNC machined polycarbonate top panel (D2-Top[B])
- 1x CNC machined titanium wedge (D2-WedgeTi[A])
- 2x CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum blade brackets (D2-Blade-Bracket[B])
- 1x CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum blade mount (D2-Blade-Mount[A])
- 4x CNC machined 6061-T6 billet aluminum axle adapter kits (RP-01-005-kit[C])
- 3x 3D printed carbon fiber reinforced motor brace (D2-CarbonMotorBrace)
- 1x 3D printed carbon fiber reinforced combination motor brace and switch mount (D2-CarbonSwitchMount)
- 20x M3x6mm flat head machine screws (top and bottom panel attachment)
- 10x M3x10mm flat head machine screws (wedge blade attachment)
- 8x 10-24x3/4" socket head screws (main chassis assembly)
- 2x 1/4-20x3/4" socket head screws (wedge assembly attachment)
- 2x 1/4-20x7/8" socket head screws (wedge pivot assembly)
- 2x 1/4x20 lock nuts (wedge pivot assembly)
- 8x #6x5/8” flat head sheet metal screws (motor braces/switch mount attachment)
- 4x Custom gear motors with S7 tool steel output shafts (RP-GM-22-12V780[-])
- 4x Custom dragster wheels & tires (TMRC 7275A)
- 1x Mini power switch with hex wrench
- 1x LED power indicator light (350-2126-ND)
- Wire to connect the motors and power switch to the speed control
- Self-adhesive Velcro tape, to mount the speed control and receiver
Weight: 1118g, not including the optional magnets or the below items.
To complete your D2 kit, you will need the following items:
- An electronic speed control (ESC), such as our Scorpion Mini speed control
- A radio control unit (transmitter and receiver), such as the Spektrum DX5C with the SR415 receiver
- An appropriate battery (3S or 4S LiPo, at least 350mAh capacity), with charger
- Protective wrap for the battery (e.g. foam or bubble wrap)
Check out these excellent build and first time fight videos, to help ease assembly of this kit, and help you get ready for your first combat event!
- Chassis width: 4.5"
- Chassis length: 5.25"
- Overall width, outside wheels: 8.0"
- Overall width of wedge: 9.25"